Win the Costa Book Awards 2017 Shortlist
There’s nothing quite like putting your feet up with a great book and a delicious cup of coffee. That’s why we’ve teamed up with Costa, to offer one lucky reader the chance to win a complete set of the 20 books shortlisted for the 2017 Costa Book Awards and a £20 Costa giftcard.
The Costa Book Awards celebrate some of the most enjoyable books of the last year and are unique in that they use a category system - First Novel, Novel, Biography, Poetry and Children’s Book - which means there are plenty of delicious reads to suit all readers’ tastes.
Previous winners of the Costa Book of the Year include Sebastian Barry for Days Without End, Helen Macdonald for H is for Hawk, Hilary Mantel’s Bring Up the Bodies, Andrea Levy for Small Island, Mark Haddon for The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time and Philip Pullman’s The Amber Spyglass.
For more information on the books nominated for this year’s Awards go to the Costa Book Awards website, and don’t forget to look out on 30th January to find out the winner of the Costa Book of the Year!
2017 COSTA BOOK AWARDS SHORTLIST
Costa Novel Award shortlist
- Jon McGregor: 'Reservoir 13'
- Stef Penney: 'Under a Pole Star'
- Kamila Shamsie: 'Home Fire'
- Sarah Winman:'Tin Man'
Costa First Novel Award shortlist
- Xan Brooks: 'The Clocks in This House All Tell Different Times'
- Karl Geary: 'Montpelier Parade'
- Gail Honeyman: 'Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine'
- Rebecca F John: 'The Haunting of Henry Twist'
Costa Biography Award shortlist
- Xiaolu Guo: 'Once Upon a Time in the East: A Story of Growing Up'
- Caroline Moorehead: 'A Bold and Dangerous Family: The Rossellis and the Fight Against Mussolini'
- Rebecca Stott: 'In The Days of Rain'
- Professor Stephen Westaby: 'Fragile Lives'
Costa Poetry Award shortlist
- Kayo Chingonyi: 'Kumukanda'
- Helen Dunmore: 'Inside the Wave'
- Sinéad Morrissey: 'On Balance'
- Richard Osmond: 'Useful Verses'
Costa Children’s Book Award shortlist
- Sarah Crossan: 'Moonrise'
- Lissa Evans: Wed Wabbit'
- Kiran Millwood Hargrave: 'The Island at the End of Everything'
- Katherine Rundell: 'The Explorer'
For more information on the Costa Book Awards click here. For your chance to win this fantastic prize simply answer the question below.
This competition ends at 23.59 on 1st February January 2018.