Blogger Peter Bacon's excellent comprehensive countrywide listings alternative to London's biggest music event.
With the EFG London Jazz Festival juggernaut about to roll through London, Friday November 14th for two weeks, Londoners have a feast of premium international and British jazz. But what if you live elsewhere and either can't make it into London or missed out on the many sold out performances?
Below we've linked to a great piece from blogger Peter Bacon who has carefully aggregated an immense list of irresistible gigs across the country on at the same time period. Picks of the bunch include:
- Leeds trio Eyeshutight at Stoke By Nayland Hotel, Leavenheath, presented by Fleece Jazz this Friday 14th
- Phronesis at Arena Theatre in Wolverhampton on Saturday 15th
- Saxophonist Bennie Maupin's Quartet at Capstone Theatre, Liverpool Sunday 16th
- New Orleans legend Dr John & The Nite Trippers at Butterworth Hall in Coventry Sunday 16th
- Veteran drummer Harvey Mason at Band On The Wall, Manchester Tuesday 18th
- British band Partisans at Seven Arts, Harrogate Road, Leeds Thursday 20th
- MBASE founder and alto saxophonist Steve Coleman & Five Elements at CBSO Centre, Berkley Street, Birmingham Saturday 22nd
- National Youth Jazz Orchestra with Soweto Kinch at Hull Truck Theatre presented by Hull Jazz Festival Sunday 23rd