Snarky Puppy have announced a new UK tour which sees them play their biggest date yet in London at the Eventim Apollo Hammersmith on October 6th.
Super group Snarky Puppy have announced a new UK tour which sees them play their biggest date yet in London at the Eventim Apollo Hammersmith on October 6th. After selling out the Roundhouse in Camden at last year’s EFG London Jazz Festival, the band returns in early October to play music from their latest album ‘We Like It Here’ along with new material from a forthcoming album ‘Empire Central’, released early 2016.
Snarky Puppy have built a solid reputation on the underground playing countless small venues and towns across the UK. In January 2014 they won a Grammy award for Best R&B Performance with Lalah Hathaway for the Brenda Russell song ’Somethin’. Their sound is an exciting, powerful fusion of jazz, funk and world music.
On April 20th the band release an orchestral collaboration album 'Sylva', their first on major jazz label Impulse. It was specially written for a recording with the Netherlands' Metropole Orkest and involved 53 guest musicians along 13 members of Snarky Puppy and renowned conductor Jules Buckley.
- Tuesday 29 September – Dublin, Vicar Street
- Thursday 1 October – Leeds, O2 Academy
- Friday 2 October – Manchester, Ritz Ballroom
- Saturday 3 October – Glasgow, O2 ABC
- Sunday 4 October – Birmingham, The Institute
- Monday 5 October – Bristol, O2 Academy
- Tuesday 6 October – London, Eventim Apollo Hammersmith
- Wednesday 7 October – Brighton, Concorde 2