Trumpeter Randy Brecker turns 70 in November, and celebrates with an album soundtrack of his life. ‘Randy POP!’ looks at Breckerʼs contributions to enduring pop, rock and r&b songs.
Trumpeter Randy Brecker turns 70 in November, and is celebrating with an album release he sees as the soundtrack of his (and our) life. ‘Randy POP!’ zones in on Breckerʼs contributions to enduring pop, rock and r&b songs.
He began in the 1960s playing within all types of music. Brecker prides himself on his history as a studio “cat” who could play anything. The album was recorded live at New York’s Blue Note jazz club and features songs from James Brown, Bruce Springsteen, Paul Simon, Donald Fagen and more played by a band of heavyweight players. Saxophonist David Sanchez, guitarist Adam Rogers, bassist John Patitucci, drummer Nate Smith and pianist Kenny Werner join Brecker together with his daughter Amanda Brecker as featured vocalist.
‘RandyPOP!’ is released Sept 18.
- New Frontier (by Donald Fagen)
- Let Me Just Follow Behind (by Bette Midler)
- I Can't Quit Her (by Blood Sweat and Tears)
- Hello, It's Me (by Todd Rundgren)
- Ghost Writer (by Garland Jeffreys)
- Think (by James Brown)
- I've Got A Bag Of My Own (by James Brown)
- Meeting Across The River (by Bruce Springsteen)
- Late In The Evening (by Paul Simon)