Jazz FM favourites Snarky Puppy are celebrating a major breakthrough after attaining multiple chart number 1 positions with their new album ‘Sylva.’
Jazz FM favourites Snarky Puppy are celebrating a major breakthrough after attaining multiple chart number 1 positions with their new album ‘Sylva,’ released April 20th.This latest release is an ambitious orchestral collaboration with the Metropole Orkest from the Netherlands and released on the iconic Impulse! record label.
Snarky Puppy’s 13 instrumentalists recorded music and video alongside 53 members of the Orkest, conducted by Jules Buckley. ‘Sylva’ has subsequently reached the number 1 spot on the iTunes Jazz Chart, and Billboard’s Heatseekers, Top Current Jazz Album and Contemporary Jazz Album charts. On top of that they have also reached number 32 in the main album chart which, for an orchestral / jazz collaboration, is astounding.
The band will also embark on an extensive UK tour later this year including their biggest concert in London to date, at the Apollo in Hammersmith:
- Tuesday 29 September – Dublin, Vicar Street
- Thursday 1 October – Leeds, O2 Academy
- Friday 2 October – Manchester, Ritz Ballroom
- Saturday 3 October – Glasgow, O2 ABC
- Sunday 4 October – Birmingham, The Institute
- Monday 5 October – Bristol, O2 Academy
- Tuesday 6 October – London, Eventim Apollo Hammersmith
- Wednesday 7 October – Brighton, Concorde 2
Meanwhile ABC News has been reporting on a police search for two suspects who allegedly vandalised property on the UCLA campus in Los Angeles by spray-painting the Snarky Puppy logo in eight locations around the University.