Pianist, band leader and TV personality Jools Holland is to release a new trademark rhythm and blues album with pop music’s best known female artists.
Pianist, band leader and TV personality Jools Holland is to release a new trademark rhythm and blues album on November 24th. ‘Sirens Of Song’ is a multi-collaborative project with some of pop music’s best known female artists. Kylie Minogue, Emeli Sandé, Joss Stone, Laura Mvula, Imelda May and even Spice Girl Mel C are included along with previously featured singers Rumer and Ruby Turner. Some of the songs are duets with Holland himself.
The first single from the album is a version of ’Should I Stay Or Should I Go’ with lead vocals from Kylie Minogue. Stevie Wonder’s ‘I Wish’ get’s the Mel C treatment and Eartha Kitt features posthumously with Fats Waller’s ‘Ain’t Misbehavin’, as does Amy Winehouse with ‘Monkey Man’. Both of these are taken from BBC TV programme archives.
“It’s a privilege and honour to celebrate and bring together, for the first time ever, some of the greatest female vocalists and writers of our time on this new record," said Holland.
His renowned big band will be playing 32 cities across the UK this winter featuring guests Joss Stone, Rumer, and Marc Almond.
Sirens Of Song Tracklisting:
￼1. Ruby Turner - Jumpin’ In The Morning
2. Joss Stone - Letting Me Down
3. Emeli Sandé - Love Me Or Leave Me
4. Louise Marshall - A Vow
5. Amy Winehouse - Monkey Man (from The Hootenanny, 2006)
6. Kylie Minogue - Should I Stay Or Should I Go
7. Mabel Ray - Sweet Bitter Love
8. Laura Mvula - See-Line Woman
9. Rumer - Lost Mind
10. Imelda May - Top To Bottom Boogie
11. KT Tunstall - Night And Day
12. Melanie C - I Wish
13. Ruby Turner - I Still Went Wrong
14. Eartha Kitt - Ain’t Misbehavin’ (from Later... with Jools Holland, 25th April 2008)