The 57th Grammy Awards took place last night in Los Angeles and we take a look at this years Jazz FM winners.
The 57th Grammy Awards took place last night in Los Angeles and amongst the jazz artists picking up awards were Chick Corea, who won twice for Best Instrumental Jazz Album for his epic 3 CD live set ‘Trilogy’ and Best Improvised Jazz Solo for ‘Fingerprints’ on ‘Trilogy’. Tony Bennett won Best Traditional Pop Vocal Album with Lady Gaga for ‘Cheek To Cheek’ and the coveted Best Jazz Vocal Album went to Dianne Reeves for ‘Beautiful Life’ as we widely tipped at Jazz FM. Lalah Hathaway was a winner for the second year in a row for her take on Stevie Wonder’s ‘Jesus Children Of America’ with The Robert Glasper Experiment, picking up Best Traditional R&B Performance.
- Best Jazz Vocal Album: Dianne Reeves - ‘Beautiful Life’
- Best Traditional R&B Performance: Robert Glasper Experiment featuring Lalah Hathaway & Malcolm-Jamal Warner - ‘Jesus Children’
- Best Jazz Instrumental Album: Chick Corea Trio – ‘Trilogy’
- Best Improved Jazz Solo: Chick Corea - ‘Fingerprints’
- Best Latin Jazz Album: Arturo O'Farrill & The Afro Latin Jazz Orchestra - ‘The Offense Of The Drum’
- Best Traditional Pop Vocal Album: Tony Bennett & Lady Gaga - ‘Cheek To Cheek’
- Best Arrangement, Instrumental and Vocals: Billy Childs - ‘New York Tendaberry’
- Best Album Notes: Ashley Kahn ‘John Coltrane - Offering: Live At Temple University’
- Best World Music Album: Angelique Kidjo – ‘Eve’
- Best Blues Album: Johnny Winter - ‘Step Back’
- Best Arrangement, Instruments and Vocals: Billy Childs - ‘New York Tendaberry’
- Best Large Jazz Ensemble Album: Gordon Goodwin's Big Phat Band - ‘Life In The Bubble’