The bass-player son of Clint Eastwood is celebrating great film composers for ‘Cinematic’
Renowned jazz bassist Kyle Eastwood has announced a new album titled ‘Cinematic’ featuring jazz interpretations of famous movie themes (including some from his famous father Clint Eastwood). He says the silver screen has always been his second great passion after music, so he wanted to celebrate some of the great compositions and composers including Ennio Morricone, John Williams, Michel Legrand, Henry Mancini, Lalo Schifrin and Bernard Herrmann with this new project.
With the exception of Kyle, it’s an all-British band on the album - Andrew McCormack on piano, Quentin Collins on trumpet, Brandon Allen on saxophone and Chris Higginbottom on drums as well as guest vocalists Hugh Coltman and Camille Bertault. ‘Cinematic’ is set for release on November 8th on the Jazz Village label.
1. Bullitt (Composer Lalo Schifrin)
2. Taxi Driver – Theme (Composer: Bernard Herrmann)
3. Les Moulins de mon cœur feat. Camille Bertault (Author: Marilyn Bergman / Alan Bergman, Compositeur : Michel Legrand / Eddy Marnay)
4. The Eiger Sanction (Composer: John T. Williams)
5. Gran Torino feat. Hugh Coltman (Composer: Michaël Stevens / Kyle Eastwood / Clint Eastwood / Jamie Cullum)
6. Pink Panther – Theme (Composer: Henry Mancini)
7. Per le antiche scale (Composer: Ennio Morricone)
8. Charade (Composer: Henry Mancini)
9. Unforgiven (Composer: Clint Eastwood)
10. Skyfall (Composer: Adele Adkins / Paul Epworth)
11. Gran Torino (Composer: Michaël Stevens / Kyle Eastwood / Clint Eastwood / Jamie Cullum)