Marcus Miller Competition Terms and Conditions
To be in with a chance of winning Text JAZZ to 61054 during the stated dates and times detailed below. Texts cost £2.00 plus one standard network rate message, or you can enter for free via post (as below).
Competition Specific Terms and Conditions:
1. These Competition terms and conditions should be read together with, and are in addition to, Bauer Radio Limited’s standard terms and conditions at: http://www.bauerlegal.co.uk/radio-competition-terms.html (the “General Terms”). Together these specific competition terms and conditions and the General Terms shall be referred to as the “Terms”. Where there is a conflict between these terms and the General Terms, these terms shall prevail. Anyone who enters the Competition (an “Entrant”) will be deemed to have read and accepted these Specific Rules and the Competition Terms and Conditions and will be bound by them.
2. Key Dates. Start Date and time: Monday 17th December 2018 at 6:00AM. SMS Entry End Date and time: Sunday 6th January 2019 at 23:59PM. Postal Entry End Date and time: Wednesday 9th January 2019 at 17:00PM Any entries received before / after these dates won’t be counted but you may still be charged. For the sake of clarity, the cut-off point for postal entry is 17:00PM on Wednesday 9th January 2019 for all valid entries received.
3. Restrictions. Only open to people who: (i) live in the UK; (ii) are 18 years or over at the date of their entry; (iii) are not one of our employees (or living with one of our employees), (iv) have a valid, in-date passport; and (v) are not one of the employees of any company involved in the competition (or living with one of the employees of any company involved in the competition). You can enter this competition a maximum of 6 times per mobile number via SMS (Including free entries) and a maximum of 6 times per mobile number via post.
4. Routes of Entry and Costs. You can enter the competition by sending an SMS message starting with the keyword JAZZ to 61054. If your message does not start with the valid key word, or is not sent to the valid number, it will not be entered in to the draw. You will receive an automated SMS response to your SMS message confirming your entry.
You can also enter by sending your name and a contact telephone number (including area code if providing a landline number) to Jazz FM, PO Box 8162, Derby, DE1 9GU.
You are responsible for all costs associated with entering this competition. Texts cost £2.00 (from the UK) + standard network rate. You must have permission from the bill payer before entering the Competition. Postal entry is free.
On any day of the Competition, once you’ve sent a valid entry text, you’ll receive an auto-response confirming your entry. You will then have the chance to text: JAZZ to 61054, again (at a further cost of £2.00 + standard network rate) and you will be entered two more times – with your third entry being free of charge.
5. Draw details and winner announcement. At the end of the competition, one winner will be selected by electronic random draw from all valid entries. They will be contacted personally (as soon as possible and at least within 30 days of the End Date) and also announced on the Jazz FM website as soon as possible after the competition has ended, subject to the winner having been successfully contacted. We reserve the right to call the winner to speak to them on air.
6. Prize details. A single prize will be awarded to the winner subject to the winner complying with all the Terms applicable to the Competition. Jazz FM will book the flights and accommodation on behalf of the winner, however the winner must be available to travel between Thursday 28th March 2019 and Tuesday 2nd April 2019.
The winner will receive the following prize (the “Prize”):
- Return economy class flights for two to New York, from one of the following major UK airports: Manchester, Birmingham or any of the major London airports.
- 3 nights accommodation in a standard double or twin bedroom in a New York City hotel (minimum 3 star).
- A pair of tickets to the Saturday 30th March 2019 Marcus Miller: Electric Miles concert at Jazz at Lincoln Center.
- £500 spending money.
Prize Terms and Conditions:
- You will be responsible for ensuring that you and your guest have a valid, in-date passports. ESTAs are also needed for entry to the United States of America and must be applied and paid for by the winner.
- The Prize does not include transfer to/from the airport in either the UK or New York.
- Travel insurance is not included.
- Unless expressly stated, the cost of all food and drink is not included.
- Any other excursions not mentioned in the T&Cs are not covered and are the winner responsibility to fulfil.
- It is up to the winner to ensure they (and their chosen guest) are fit and able enough to travel otherwise the Prize will be invalid and a new winner will be drawn.
- If the winner is unable to take the Prize on the date offered, we reserve the right to withdraw it and award the Prize to another entrant.
- The Prize must be claimed by the winner within 7 days from the date of our initial correspondence with them.
Prize money will be paid by bank transfer, but payment is subject always to the winner providing photo ID, proof of address and having a registered UK current account.
Our prizes are always non-transferable, non-refundable and (unless the competition is for a cash prize) cannot be exchanged for cash. Payment can take up to 28 days.
8. Intellectual Property and Recording consents. We will sometimes (at our discretion) telephone entrants and ask them to speak on-air. You have the right to refuse. If you consent, your voice will be recorded and you consent to this recording being used on our radio broadcasts. You agree that we will own this recording and that a copy of it will be stored for further exploitation, which may include promotion. You will not be put through to speak on-air if we think you are driving, intoxicated, likely to swear, or otherwise offend our listeners. Whilst on air for the purposes of this competition you must not use foul language, swear, say or do anything defamatory or illegal or say or do anything which would damage the reputation of Bauer, is offensive or inappropriate or which would cause us, or our listeners, harm . Failure to comply will result in disqualification, and if you have won the prize, this will be forfeited.
9. Other conditions. We will only accept entries that comply with our terms and conditions and we may disqualify you if we know or suspect that you have breached them. Our decision on the selection of the winner is final and we won’t engage in any correspondence or discussion about this or about the operation of this competition. We are not responsible for any network or technical issues you experience, such as latency of your mobile phone network, which may delay or prevent your participation or cause you to lose the competition if on-air. We have the right to cancel, amend, terminate or suspend this competition if forced to do so due to circumstances outside our control.
10. Contact details. The promoter of this competition is Bauer Radio Limited (Media House, Lynchwood, Peterborough Business Park, Peterborough, PE2 6EA; registered no. 01394141). If you have any questions, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org or write to: Nick Pitts, Jazz FM, 1 Golden Square, London, W1F 9DJ – you should put the competition name in the subject line. We can’t consider any queries made more than 14 days after the date the winner is announced.
11. Full General Terms apply. Please see: www.bauerlegal.co.uk/radio-competition-terms.html.